Sunday 13 December 2009

Who said that life is easy?

What a weekend this has been! Nothing to do with work just BT engineers, BT customer services and BT management.

Friday my broadband connection went. Great start to the daty Rang BT and they did send someone out quickly and it was free!

The engineer disconnected my modem from the extension and hooked it up to the main telephone line - that left me with no extension which I needed. But the broadband was working - yipee.

One problem sorted but the telephones decided to to pack up. It's funny how you have things for ages then nothing, gone, and everything goes at once. Yep, one phone after another - although I have had them for ages.

Tesco's have an inexpensive range of landlines. However, when I went to buy a new one all they had was phones with large numbers on them - and when I say large - you can see the numbers from another room. So that's what I bought, a few of them because I have 3 extensions and they all went, one after another. That cost me a small fortune.

Next problem, getting the landliens to fit into small corners - I suppose I could have nailed them to the wall but do I want to ruin my wall - no.

My problem with BT is trying to convince them that it was their engineer who disconnected my extension that I can no longer use. To reconnect it would cost £125 plus and I refuse to do it because the extension worked fine till the engineer disconnected it. I'll know tommorrow if the battle with BT continues. Whatever next????

No comments:

Do you think checkout operators are intelligent?