Monday 8 February 2010

Is stealing time the same as stealing money?

I would say yes! Because you are stealing from the company insofar as not doing a job that the company are paying you to do.

I work with several women who think nothing of skivving. It has gotten so bad that it is now part of their shift. Rather than serve customers on a till, which is what we get paid to do, these women will do anything except sit on a till. On the rare occassions they do, they only do so for very short periods of time. And what is more annoying is that the manager knows because she has been told by lots of different people who work on different shifts that this is the case. But instead of reprimanding her she gives her more jobs to do. So this one woman milks the jobs so that she doesn't have to spend time sitting on a till.

I really don't understand supermarket managers - why are they so afraid to become unpopular. Surely, the name of the game is to promote teamwork, honesty and making profits? So who can you go to? Is there anybody who could help. Please tell me if you know of someone - I personally don't think there is anyone in the store who cares - including the managers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you'ѵе managed to get by for that
long.

Also visit my blog pοst personal loans bad credit

Do you think checkout operators are intelligent?