Saturday 29 September 2007

Sunday working

I don't know what is worse - working under extreme pressure or working with people who make your life hell. They both probably are equal but on a bad day one is head and shoulders above the other.
Petrol prices are going up to £1 a litre from tommorrow night, so I have been informed by one of my colleagues. That means, in terms of work, that everybody will be buying petrol to avoid paying that extra 2p for as long as possible. Customers are probably spending more than that queueing up for the petrol in the first place not to mention putting themselves under undo stress. So guess where they are putting me . . . in the petrol station.
This is typical of how these big supermarket superstores take no notice of your personal medical conditions and simply place you wherever they want. The petrol station will certainly be very busy and people working there will be extremely stressed out because of it. And that means customers too. Customers hate queueing for long periods and sometimes get very aggressive because of it. But there is nothing we can do about it except to take it. There never is anybody who stands up for us, although the Union Reps are suppose to. But can you ever find a union rep when you need them? No? They are just like management, they hide away at times when they are most needed. At least that is the case where I work.
If only I didn't have to work in a place like that. I have tried everything I could think of to get out and find myself another job - as most people who work there do but some, like me have no choice for a host of reasons.
How I am NOT looking forward to going to work tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Do you think checkout operators are intelligent?