Sunday 23 September 2007

Trouble brewing

Today I was asked to shift my hours forward and go in earlier. That was no problem, but I have to take medication for my ills and ails at regular intervals and with food. The problem became having breaks in order to take my medication. You would think that the company has a duty of care - well that is senior management not the ground level management i.e. supervisors who have more control and power over our life than we do.

What started out as a simple task turned out to be a major feat. Do I go off and have my medication upsetting my supervisor who would in turn make my life more hell than she does already or do I suffer and hope for the best. Should I strugglem while other totally fit people are off sciving avoiding serving customers, getting paid more than me for doing it and pretending to make themselves useful when clearly they are not.

I decided that my health and well-being was worth MORE than those stupid people - now I live with what repurcussions there could be tommorrow.

No comments:

Do you think checkout operators are intelligent?